As I said in yesterday's post (here), we spent a large part of Friday baking pies and making caramel apples. I planned on eating all 9 lbs with peanut butter and cheese, but Aaron said he would like a pie, which led me to think of more creative things to do with my apple surplus. In fact, as I type this, I am crock potting apples to make apple sauce. Just call me Betty Crocker! I never realized how easy caramel apples could be (apple pie and made-from-scratch crust are another story..). So, I wanted to share with you how we decorated our apples, which have been delicious thus far, so that you can bring some fall goodness into your home. Who doesn't love fall activities?!?!
...........................Here is what you need..........................
1. Caramel (you can home make it (ain't nobody got time for that), but I just bought caramel candies and melted them. #easywayout
1. Star with ingredients. I used nerds, nuts, M&M's, and raisins (which my husband thinks is disgusting.
2. Stick apples with the wooden sticks (I picked ours up at Target for 2.99)
3. Melt Caramel in pan (or microwave). I added a tad bit of water to help with consistency.
4. Tilt pant towards you and swirl apples around. This is easier than dipping since you probably wont have that much caramel melted.
5. Transfer apple to "coating station" and add desired toppings. Put in fridge to cool before serving and ENJOY!
As I said, mildly easy, especially if you don't make your own caramel and delish. I may have had one every night since Friday so far. oops.
Will you be trying this?
Today Im posting for Amy over at Leopard and Lillies while they make their travels back the United states, check it out here.
And yesterday, I guest posted for Laura of A Little Bit of Lacquer while she spends time with her sweet new baby girl. Check that one out here.